Thomas Skinner, Western Canada’s leading distributor of industrial metalworking products and machine shop supplies, is looking for a Machine Tool Service Technician to be based in our Richmond, BC facility.
What We are Looking for
A conscientious, career-minded Machine Tool Service Technician to perform skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems on CNC and conventional machine tools. Some travel is required. Strong communication and people skills along with a passion for the machining industry will make you the perfect fit!
- Any appropriate credentials/certifications and/or 2- to 5-year experience in machine tool repair or a related trade.
- Strong electrical skills.
- CNC programming knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Customer-oriented professional.
- Have a clean, valid driver’s license.
- Hands-on experience working on Haas and Okuma machines/controls would be a definite asset.
- Valid passport is required for travel to the US for training purposes.
A Day in the Life
- Diagnose and troubleshoot defects in CNC and conventional machine tools.
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs on machines and test them for proper performance.
- Install, commission and align machinery.
- Keep detailed and accurate service reports and documents.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
What We Can Provide to You
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Pay for performance bonus program.
- Comprehensive dental and medical benefits package.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you are the person we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with the subject “Machine Tool Service Technician” along with a cover letter to [email protected]
We appreciate everyone’s interest but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.